Outside Sales Representative Single Family
- Full Time
At Cox Communications, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you.
We’re searching for an Outside Sales Representative who is a driven “hunter” with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an achievement-oriented attitude.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
In this consultative sales role, you will provide bundled solutions by selling Cox video, voice, data and home security services to residential customers by door-to-door canvassing within an assigned territory. If you are a highly competitive person with an entrepreneurial spirit, are an effective negotiator and closer, enjoys relationship building and has a dynamic sales personality, this job is for you!
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
- Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission potential
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
As a member of the Cox Direct Sales Team, individuals have the potential to earn as much as $58,369.00 or more as a high performer. Higher performers are eligible for accelerated pay up to two and a half times their monthly incentive.
In 200 words or less, what will you be doing for us?
- Selling Cox video, voice, data and home security services to residential customers by door-to-door canvassing, hanging door signs, and obtaining referrals
- Building rapport and providing premium service to new and existing residential customers
- Participating in team sales blitzes, conversions, new releases, social and networking events, etc
- Assisting and resolving a wide variety of customer requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Adding value and building customer loyalty by differentiating Cox products from competitors
- Performing end to end sales order entry using a tablet/iPad
- Completing on-going training opportunities, satisfactory skills assessment scores, and attainment and renewal of job related certifications
- Availability for weekend and evening hours is Required to maximize customer contacts
We did it in 109 words!
Qualifications: Here’s what we need you to bring to the table:
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience in related field required; AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline preferred
- 1 or more years of experience highly preferred in outside or field sales with quotas
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of insurance required
- Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws to sell Home Security
- Requires proficient knowledge of technical applications and tools
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, and ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.