Private Equity Law Reporter
- Full Time
The Private Equity Law Report, a division of the Acuris-owned Law Report Group, analyzes critical legal issues in the private equity industry, including related to rulemaking, compliance, taxation, marketing and other operational challenges that private equity sponsors confront on an ongoing basis.
The Private Equity Law Report provides subscribers with proprietary analysis on dynamic issues unfolding in the industry and plain-English guidance to assist legal counsel and compliance professionals, presenting the information and tools subscribers need to revise practices, policies and procedures to mitigate risk.
We have an immediate opening on the Private Equity Law Report team for a detail-oriented, experienced long-form reporter to cover private equity law, as well as related governance, compliance and risk issues. We use a unique model of expertise-based journalism – a combination of vigorous reporting and proprietary legal analysis.
This position is based in our New York Office and is a full time role.
- Researching and writing articles of various types – including our feature thematic, Q&A, analysis and “People Move” articles – based on extensive interviews of and other interactions with industry experts (such as law and accounting firm partners; private equity manager leaders, including GCs, CCOs, COOs, CFOs and others; institutional investor decision-makers);
- working with our editorial team to put together our feature thematic articles (5000-8000 words) by conducting interviews and contributing quotes to those articles;
- maintaining relationships with key private equity industry participants with the goals of understanding the “pain points” experienced by private equity managers, particularly legal and compliance personnel; cultivating sources for articles; developing a pipeline of contributed articles; gathering industry intelligence; and exploring event and other collaboration opportunities;
- attending and writing up panels and webinars; and
- helping “close” our weekly issues.
- Substantial experience writing long-form legal or financial articles. Ideal candidates will have at least three years of paid, full-time reporting experience at a news organization, covering legal, business or financial topics (coverage of the private equity industry a plus);
- Excellent reporting, writing, research, organizational and analytical abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to consistently create engaging, thorough, sophisticated articles, as well as shorter updates, each requiring minimal editing under deadline;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- Excellent computer skills across major software and applications.
*All applicants must include at LEAST one writing sample in their application, along with an updated resume*
Company Description: The Law Report Group – through the Private Equity Law Report (www.pelawreport.com), the Hedge Fund Law Report (www.hflawreport.com), the Anti-Corruption Report (www.anti-corruption.com), the Cybersecurity Law Report (www.cslawreport.com) and its other services, combines vigorous reporting and proprietary legal analysis to generate actionable intelligence on critical business issues. Part of the Acuris group of companies, which in turn is part owned by ION Group, the services are well-positioned for significant growth.