Manager, Brand Strategy & Planning, USA & SYFY
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Entertainment Networks (USA/SYFY) is looking for a dynamic Planner/Strategist to join its Brand Marketing team.Reporting to the Director, Brand Strategy, this person will support the Brand Strategy team in the development of communications strategies that foster ideas, inspire creative thinking and lead to audience awareness, tune-in and fandom.The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the entertainment landscape, be comfortable with analyzing consumer research and will understand how to translate quantitative and qualitative data into insightful POVs, compelling brand stories and unique selling propositions.
ResponsibilitiesLeverage data, insights and analysis to help the team define and articulate the unique selling proposition, cultural context and marketing platform for designated scripted/non-scripted original programming.Work with the Brand Strategy team to understand the media, entertainment, cultural and competitive landscape, including macro & emerging trends, best practices and new technologies impacting our industry.Develop/maintain relationships with internal teams and third party sources to assist in the development of marcomm strategies. Take lead in authoring strategy at-a-glances and summaries of new series across both networksManage logistics for internal meetings and strategy presentations
• 5+ years of brand marketing and/or communications experience working on leading-edge consumer and/or entertainment brands.
• Flawless visual storytelling and data visualization skills that leverage the latest tools (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) to powerfully bring ideas and insights to life.
• Ability to translate data from secondary data sources into actionable insights for a campaign
• A working knowledge of basic quantitative/qualitative research methodologies.
• Excellent structured thinking acumen, business writing, executive-level presentation and interpersonal skills
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, with a dedication to excellence
• Confident, driven, self-starter, who is comfortable working autonomously
• MBA preferred
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be creative and analytical at the same time
• A collaborator, able to bring together cross-functional groups for a single purpose
• A strong team player, willing to jump in and out of multiple assignments as needed
• Fantastic project manager who stays organized, maintains a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and executes numerous projects simultaneously
• A culture vulture with boundless passion for consumer trends, behavioral economics, demographics, psychographics, television, music, movies, art, technology, new media, the current zeitgeist and all things pop culture
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.