Director, Marketing Communications
- Full Time
Overview: ICSC is in search of a Director of Marketing Communication to lead its New York-based team of marketing content and thought leadership creators, writers and editors. This leader will be responsible for developing written communications to grow the ICSC brand through email, web, digital, and social media platforms. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in event marketing, collateral development, customer/member engagement, campaign management and execution, content marketing and performance analytics.
The role reports to the Vice President of Communications and Publishing.
- Work with the vice president of communications and publishing and vice president of marketing to establish an integrated marketing and communications plan that supports ICSC’s business goals and growth objectives.
- Partner with the events content and program management teams as well as the directors of interactive, marketing and email marketing to develop campaigns, messaging and creative content to promote ICSC’s more than 100 events annually, including two signature global conferences.
- Develop key messages for sales & marketing collateral, event and content marketing initiatives; draft, edit and review copy for email communications for various ICSC events and content campaigns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create marketing campaigns and content that supports the organization’s member nurture and new member acquisition efforts.
- Manage team workflow/workload with a focus on key strategic initiatives, message consistency across all communications channels/platforms, process efficiency and driving value throughout the organization.
- Oversee and deliver monthly reporting and analytics on activities and results of all marketing communications programs and initiatives.
- Keep abreast of the latest retail real estate industry trends and leverage them to create relevant content to be shared with ICSC members.
- Ensure current marketing communications best practices are being applied across all initiatives and campaigns.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED:
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Specific experience in event marketing and email marketing required. Content marketing experience a plus.
- Proficiency with integrated brand marketing campaigns and brand health exercises are the best
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Impeccable writing, editing (content and copy editing) and communication skills
- Team player; strong people management and change management skills
- Strong planning skills; demonstrated ability to meet or beat deadlines
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with leaders, team members, staff and associations members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Acrobat; In Design experience is a plus
ICSC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting harassment and discrimination.
All hiring decisions are made without consideration of gender or gender identity, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment with ICSC, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ICSC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. An employee who has engaged in discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation in violation of this policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations via email for consideration.