Director of Interactive
- Full Time
Overview: ICSC is in search of a Director of Interactive to lead its digital and social media marketing team in New York City. This leader will be responsible for developing full funnel interactive marketing strategies to support the organization’s overall brand and business goals. This candidate will bring deep expertise in analytics, web strategies, search, SEO, community engagement and display, paid and organic social media. They will work closely with key ICSC stakeholders, including membership services, events, research, marketing and public relations, to deliver high-quality digital and social media campaigns that effectively drive brand awareness, member engagement and event registration across multiple platforms.
The role reports to the Vice President of Communications and Publishing.
- Work with the vice president of communications and publishing to establish a digital strategy and content plan that supports ICSC’s business goals, increases member engagement, drives attendance to events and strengthens the brand’s positioning in the marketplace.
- Partner with marketing team and the events content and program management teams to develop holistic marketing campaigns, specifically digital marketing efforts, to promote 100+ events per year, including two signature global conferences.
- In partnership with marketing, lead the creative development process and execution of programmatic advertising and digital media (paid and organic) campaigns across multiple platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook, ensuring alignment with brand and design direction.
- Collaborate with vice president of communications and publishing on a robust social media strategy for ICSC’s CEO and leadership team.
- Build an employee and association member ambassador program that allows stakeholders to share ICSC news, information and content across their personal social media platforms.
- Create and manage new member engagement social media campaigns to support ICSC’s overall member nurture and retention efforts.
- Oversee the creation and design of all digital marketing and social media assets.
- Provide timely analytics deliverables to event performance and ROI that can be shared with Marketing leadership on a regular basis.
- Lead development of digital and social editorial calendars and communicate deliverable deadlines across teams.
- Drive efforts to ensure a consistent brand and tone-of-experience for all ICSC members and future members that we touch digitally.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED:
- 7-10 years of relevant experience; Event marketing experience is a plus
- Proficiency with integrated marketing campaigns and brand health measurement within the digital and social landscape
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong understanding of digital analytics, including web, social, email
- Impeccable writing, editing (content and copy editing) and communication skills
- Team player; strong people management and change management skills
- Strong planning skills; demonstrated ability to meet or beat deadlines
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with members, advertisers and staff
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and InDesign
ICSC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting harassment and discrimination.
All hiring decisions are made without consideration of gender or gender identity, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment with ICSC, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ICSC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. An employee who has engaged in discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation in violation of this policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations via email for consideration.