Financials and Startups Editor
- Full Time
PhocusWire is a comprehensive daily news site for the digital travel industry, powered by Phocuswright (a wholly owned subsidiary of Northstar Travel Media), the most respected travel research authority and events brand in the world.
Technology, digital marketing and distribution form the backbone of travel, tourism and hospitality, the planet's largest industry. At PhocusWire we cover, analyze and debate the most important industry developments every day.
The full-time financials and startups editor is responsible for writing and steering our coverage of startups in the travel industry, investment trends and reports involving the public financial markets.
The position will also support the editor in chief and news editor in helping shape the wider editorial strategy of the brand, including a role in other digital initiatives, such as video, webinars and podcasts as they relate to startups and finance-based issues.
Come and join our small but fast-growing and dynamic team, covering the most exciting part of the travel industry: everything related to tech and digital.
This position is home-based and is open to candidates anywhere within the United States.
- Ability to produce and edit copy to deadline, ensuring content is both accurate and will resonate with readers.
- Familiarity with content management systems, newsletter platforms, social media and SEO techniques.
- Experience as a reporter on a daily, web-based news service or weekly title.
- Knowledge of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry is useful but not required.
- An understanding of the public financial markets, earnings reports, analyst notes and other related materials and processes is preferred.
- Being able to decipher funding and venture capital/private equity trends.
- Self-organizer with an ability to work remotely as part of the editorial team, all of whom are currently based in separate locations.
- Excellent communications skills, including an ability to represent the brand at live events.
- Solid knowledge of issues in the wider e-commerce and technology sectors.
- Ability to work on exclusive, investigative articles, drawing on own contacts and tip-offs.
- Creative thinker who wants to contribute to overall strategy of the brand with ideas.
- Also comfortable with audio and video formats, such as one-to-one interviews and moderating panels.
An experienced journalist (or one looking to take the next step within a media brand), will oversee copy and steer coverage of news and other content related to their beat.
Reporting to the editor in chief and working closely with the news editor and other members of the reporting team, will produce news and analysis for our daily news coverage, as well as work on long-form, investigative articles.
Must be proficient with content management systems and utilizing social media, as well as eager to help shape the wider editorial strategy of the brand.
Should also be comfortable with working on other digital publishing formats, such as video, webinars and podcasts.
Some travel may be required to attend conferences and other live events.
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.