Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Job Title: Associate or Senior Editor (Cancer immunology)
Organisation: Nature Communications
Location: London, Shanghai, New York or Berlin
Nature Research is the world’s leader in publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. Its journals include Nature, the Nature Research journals, the Nature Reviews journals and Nature Communications.
Nature Communications is the leading multidisciplinary Open Access journal, publishing high-quality scientific research. To help us to build on the success of this journal, we’re seeking a cancer immunologist who has a critical eye, a deep understanding of their subject and interests beyond, and who can think on their feet.
The responsibilities include:
- Handling original research papers, and working closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review.
- Making well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice.
- Determining the representation of their subject in the journal.
- Liaising extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family and with experts in the international scientific community.
- Attending conferences and visiting research institutions.
- Commission and edit Reviews, and write Editorials
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in cancer immunology or cancer immunotherapy.
- A thorough understanding of recent trends and developments in the field is a must.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
- This role is located in either our: London, Shanghai, Berlin or New York office. The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for Senior Editor positions.
This demanding and intellectually stimulating role is located in either our London, New York, Berlin or Shanghai office. All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the respective country to be considered for the position. The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis. Applicants should include a CV, a covering letter explaining their interest in the post and their preferred office of employment, and a separate concise (400 words) discussion of recent scientific developments that you found particularly exciting (stating why).
Closing date: 26th July 2019
Candidates will be considered as they apply, therefore early applications are encouraged.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.