- Full Time
This position manages and coordinates the design, production and promotion of planned marketing programs and advertising material for the Auction, including producing the layout of advertisement, sale catalogs, promotional mailings, etc.
• Establish strategic marketing plans to achieve Auction objectives for services and upcoming sales.
• Develop and execute marketing programs to reach goals regarding revenues and profitability.
• Analyze marketing programs and adjust strategy and tactics as necessary to increase effectiveness.
• Plan and conduct market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
• Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials in collaboration with the Sales Manager to support sales and marketing programs.
• Plan and oversee execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade shows, direct mail, displays, and signage.
• Plan, promote, and execute sales meetings and events.
• Review analysis of marketing surveys and provide post-event market reports, analysis, and regular status reports to the General Manager on all programs.
• Maintain customer database and approve the use of internal and external mailing lists.
• Manage the marketing budget. Negotiate contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers.
• Communicate with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns.
• Maintain and develop marketing staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, and by providing educational opportunities.
• Counsel and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.Qualifications:Education:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 - 3 years advertising experience required.
• Experience in the automobile industry or the Auction business preferred. Competencies/Skills:
• Strong communication and interaction skills required.
• Effective and competent management, sales/marketing, and organizational skills required.
• Knowledge of typesetting and advertisement layouts necessary.
• Good computer and software knowledge essential.Accomplishments (Degrees, Certifications, Languages):
• Degree in art or advertising preferred.Physical Demands:
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and depth perception.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.