Graphic Design Assistant (PT)
- Part Time
(PT) Graphic Design Assistant
University Relations - Wilson Graduate Center
Employment Status: Part time
Location: Wilson Graduate Center
Department: University Relations
An Associate Degree in Graphic Design or related field of study (example Media Design), a bachelor’s degree is preferred. A minimum of two years’ work experience in a related field is preferred. Must have excellent communication, customer-service, and organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work with diverse populations. Must be self-directed and able to make decisions independently. Must be computer literate and proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop). Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Animate and Dreamweaver) is preferred, but not required. Knowledge of Pre-press File preparation is a plus. The ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is a must.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Assist with University-wide design/illustration/productions service for print and multimedia applications.
• Maintain brand standards to promote University through consistent appearance.
• Specific projects may include, but are not limited to updating copy and imagery for advertising campaigns (print, web); formatting flyers, postcards and posters, including conceptualizations, researching, updating and editing; character development and illustrating of Wildcat apparel; developing and designing Athletic print materials; and event promotional material development and updating.
• Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to research/brainstorming, page layout/composition, photo manipulation/retouching, and typesetting/formatting.
• Other duties as assigned by the University Creative Services Manager, Project Coordinator, and Design Associates
Hours of Employment:
Generally, working hours will be Monday – Thursday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Selected hours will be established to meet the needs of the department. Candidate may be asked to be flexible with their hours.
Benefits: Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Training and Development.
Salary Range: $14.25 per hour @ 28 hours per week.
Application Deadline: August 6, 2019
To apply for the position, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/1548574
Wilmington University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff to all postings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status or other characteristics protected by law.
The security of all members of the campus community is of vital concern to Wilmington University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report contains information for all Wilmington University sites regarding campus security programs, recommended personal safety practices, the authority of University Public safety Officers, campus disciplinary procedures, and campus crime statistics for the most recent three year period can be found online at https://www.wilmu.edu/titleix/document/annual-security-report-2017.pdf or a hard copy may be requested from the Wilmington University Department of University Safety at (302) 325-3333.