Post Production Coordinator
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Liaise with the Director of Post Production, producers, editors, creative directors, social media managers and other stakeholders, coordinating and communicating functional details including schedules, creative briefs, formats, deliverables, dates, etc.Maintain and oversee the ongoing organization of video assets, including original shoot material, archival footage, stock footage and images, graphics, and episodic materialWork with the Director of Post Production to plan, schedule, and manage the assignments and daily workflow of the video editing staff (including staff and contract positions), to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality video assets.Process and organize footage, including verifying files, renaming, transcoding, setting up projects and timelines, outputting and archiving files and timelineResearch and locate assets as necessary, including stock and in-house materialsOversee support staff including interns, assistant editors, and junior editorsProvide meticulous final QC checks to deliverables, then oversee final delivery to all required destinationsManage edit system workspaces, project setup, asset storage, network resources, and deliverable tracking. Respond to technical and logistical issues, working with engineering to solve any problems related to workflow and deliveryGenerate weekly output reports, identifying projects in progress, editor assignments, and reports tracking deliverablesBe able and willing to personally take on projects to edit as needed
We’re seeking an organized self-starter with tremendous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator who is quick-thinking, with proven ability to juggle multiple projects and pivot as necessary. The Post Production Coordinator is responsible for the timely delivery of a large volume of video for distribution on social and digital platforms in support of NBC Entertainment programming. The position provides end to end operational support of the post production process, from project setup to edits in progress to final delivery and archiving of assets. This is a full-time, staff position; it is based on the Universal lot in Los Angeles and reports to the Director of Post Production.
• Minimum 1 year as a post-production supervisor, post production coordinator, post production producer, or assistant editor
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite required, including Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder
• Must have high level of understanding of video and audio workflows including HD and 4K, as well as a thorough conversancy with codecs, frame rates, and file types as well as file transfer systems such as Media Silo, Aspera, Dropbox, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Basic competency in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Experience with project management systems such as JIRA, ScheduALL, Wryke, or Trello preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.