Director of Community Outreach
- Full Time
About The Focus Project:
The Focus Project is a joint initiative of a broad coalition of U.S. Jewish community organizations helping influencers and community leaders in their efforts to combat anti-Semitism and de-legitimization of Israel by providing concise, factual information and context in routine communications. We are seeking a highly diligent, professional candidate with substantial relationship building experience and knowledge of the Jewish world to serve as the organization’s Director of Community Outreach.
This position involves relationship building and outreach to pro-Jewish and pro-Israel influencers and community leaders who will benefit from the Focus Project’s communications in their respective roles. The ideal candidate should possess both an ability to build relationships with influencers and communications experts across multiple organizations, and a deep understanding of the complex issues facing the U.S. Jewish community and the many voices within it.
- Develop and execute on a strategic marketing and communications plan that maintains and expands a list of subscribers;
- Build strong, long-term relationships with key community leaders and stakeholders;
- Regularly monitor usage and message efficacy, incorporating regular feedback for continued improvement;
- Actively participate in message development based on current events;
- Develop and lead staff.
This position will require an individual who is an expert in communication and building effective partnerships. In addition to excellent written and verbal skills, the Director of Community Outreach must be open to listening to a broad set of stakeholders and able to offer insightful input regarding their respective ideas. The successful candidate will also possess:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Jewish world, both in the U.S. and in Israel, and the ability to articulate diverse viewpoints that range from mainstream to the center-right and center-left, as well as solid knowledge of Middle East history and conflicts;
- Experience developing systems or methods to expand networks of influencers who seek more cohesive messaging;
- A collaborative leadership style and the ability to develop and nurture healthy relationships with people across a wide network of constituencies and diverse cultures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort in handling personal meetings, telephone conversations and email exchanges;
- Proven experience in stakeholder/community engagement and the ability to build relationships at all levels of leadership;
- Ability to navigate diverse opinions and perspectives leading to ultimate buy-in;
- Critical thinking, excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Experience building teams and fostering professional growth in others;
- Passion for The Focus Group’s mission and values;
- Willingness to travel.
The Focus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.