Senior Account Executive
- Full Time
Looking for a career opportunity in a fast-paced agency where there’s always an opportunity for growth? imre is looking for a Senior Account Executive (SAE) with strong experience in public relations and integrated marketing to join our growing Los Angeles office.
What you’ll be up to:
In this role, you serve as trusted counselor to clients across the automotive and consumer lifestyle categories while helping to manage junior team members and handle high profile media opportunities. Our SAEs also attend numerous automotive, consumer lifestyle, and tech-focused events each year.
We’re looking for someone who understands integrated marketing and is savvy in understanding how digital and social strategies, tactics, and evaluation techniques can be integrated to create a strong strategic PR and/or marketing platform.
Here’s the day to day:
- Primary contact and liaison between the agency and assigned client in all matters.
- With Account Manager, provides overall leadership and direction in recommending short-term and long-range marketing and communications plans for assigned clients.
- Leads client teams in planning and developing programs and services, which are consistent with the client missions.
- Creative thinker when it comes to project management and execution. Works in an agile manner, spots roadblocks and re-directs team to work around them.
- Responsible for client program management and all internal and external communications associated with those programs.
- Lead execution of innovative, technology-forward programs across multiple industries. Responsible for ensuring the highest quality work is deployed on behalf of clients, and effectively delivers desired results.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of assigned client budget. Accountable for the development, management and evaluation of operating budget, and for achieving objectives while operating within budgeted expense targets.
- Proactively place favorable stories and develop strong placement track record without major management oversight.
- Offer top tier, national media relations and media counsel to clients and staff.
- Develop and oversee creation of pitching and press materials.
- Monitor projects to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Oversee maintenance and distribution of account reports, status documents, program plans and recaps.
- Some travel required.
What will get you in the door:
- Around 4-5 years’ direct agency experience preferred. If you’ve worked with clients in the automotive, travel, & consumer lifestyle industries, even better!
- Exceptional media relations skills with a strong base of automotive, transportation or lifestyle media contacts
- Exceptional communication skills, and knowledge of typical agency procedures in order to coordinate effective campaigns and programs
- Work requires excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external audiences, to represent clients and propose marketing and communications goals and objectives, to seek out and build relationships with potential clients, to close deals and to lead and direct staff.
- Problem solving and conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods; to plan, coordinate, and evaluate communications activities; to prepare reports and analyses; to project trends and developments in the field; and to recommend short-term and long-range goals and strategies based on such.
- Position requires both a team player that encourages collaboration and ideation among team members, as well as, an aggressive and fearless communicator, that is willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality work on behalf of their clients.
- Strong understanding of and experience in the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
- Undergraduate degree (Journalism, Public Relations, Communications)
- Natural leader and team player comfortable interfacing with agency staff, industry leaders, CEOs and consumers
Reports to Account Manager or Account Director
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.