- Full Time
- All qualified candidates will be expected to develop, write and produce stories as well as anchor multiple newscasts, handle breaking news.
- Enterprise stories by developing sources and contacts.
- Write and produce news stories for television, the web and mobile.
- Make creative use of live technology to help tell a story.
- Understand and implement station's research based goals.
- Achieve measurable performance goals (enterprise stories, active live shots, process storytelling, etc.) utilize technology (iPhone, laptop computer, mobile cameras, social media, etc.) in news gathering process. Meet deadlines.
- Work with managers and station coaches/consultants to achieve performance goals.
- Make public appearances for station.
- Schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Candidates should have a proven track record in both anchoring and reporting.
Strong communications skills are required.
All applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in medium to large television markets.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.