Podcast Producer, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC, the world leader in business news, is seeking a Freelance Podcast Producer with exceptional storytelling skills and podcast production experience to pilot a new project for one of CNBC’s most innovative brands.
The ideal candidate will have storytelling prowess and exceptional audio skills, and will bring a strength of experience to weigh in on and contribute to other related podcast projects. A strong candidate will also have experience telling business or entrepreneurship stories.
The producer should be comfortable working on a new, emerging business unit within an established organization.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 4-6 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. You must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Role & Responsibilities:Develop and create a premium, standalone podcast series from concept to releasePlan story development and production processFind, pre-interview, and book guests Arrange interviews and tapingsProduce and write episodesPartner with anchors, reporters, producers, and editors in developing stories and in production processOther related production duties as required
• At least 2 years of audio production or related storytelling experience
• High level of skill in audio production and writing
• Experience producing, mixing, and editing audio content on tight deadlines
• A clear track record of producing innovative, diverse, and complex audio work
• Familiarity with CNBC's content, brand, 30-year legacy and ongoing publicly available initiatives
• At least 2 years in news or nonfiction audio storytelling
• Experience with editing tools like Adobe Audition or others
• Experience coaching and working with talent
• Able to multi-task and prioritize, and capable of handling projects with minimal oversight
• Detail-oriented self-starter with strong problem-solving and project management skills
• Avid podcast consumer, particularly of news and nonfiction stories
• Ability to navigate a complex production environment with ease
• Experience operating within an emerging business environment within a more established organization
• Experience in business or entrepreneurship news or storytelling a plus
• Strong organizational skills, along with exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.