Location: Universal City, California
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Communications Coordinator will support the E! Communications Department with administrative and operational responsibilities.
ResponsibilitiesPerform administrative support tasks, including phone coverage, executive calendar management, department meeting scheduling, manage budgets and billing, update press website, coordinate screeners/mailings, work as a liaison with the creative department and file department briefs, maintain editorial calendars, update press lists, maintain press release plan, back-up help for the department's press managers and directors, and other assignments as required.Compile and issue daily clip packet, distribute press materials to key executives, keep team apprised of all breaking news across the competitive landscape and monitor social media for all network and series related coverageAssist in social media updates on behalf of the department and the tracking of talent and reporter activities on socialManage, hire and train staff internsSupport department with daily media requests and act as network source of information on programsAssist press managers and directors with talent press junkets in booking travel, hair and makeup and creating schedules.Research, present and be the main point of contact for public relations tools to streamline department tasks Assist with press junkets, print interviews, set visits, photo shoots and broadcast and production related activities for the cable channelCollect and write monthly listings highlights and manage dissemination of photo captions and press releasesAssist press managers and directors in the creation of show press materials, programming releases and planning of special events including the semi-annual TCA press tour, Upfronts, award shows and company town hallsManage award submissions process
• Bachelors degree, preferably in Communications/Public Relations/Journalism
• Minimum 2 years experience in publicity / communications, ideally in television communications
• Minimum 2 years experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #50390BR)
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Excellent understanding of social media
• Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Individual must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and needs to be able to work both independently and with a team
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization, creative skills, high attention to detail
• Experience coordinating multiple assignments and projects with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Highly resourceful and problem solver
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.