Executive Producer, NBC Creative Partnerships
Location: Los Angeles, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead all production related aspects of projects, managing the workflow, timelines and budget from idea generation to green light, through production and post. Serve as departmental expert on all facets of production, managing all logistics and processes, including and not limited to all labor union agreements, music clearances, business and legal affairs, budgets, and timelines. Responsible for identifying industry talent and vendors to align with (e.g. Directors, Production Teams, Production Designers, DPs, Casting Directors, Writers, Location Managers as well as other key production positions) Negotiate and facilitate the hiring of celebrity and A-level talent, working with our internal talent coordinators as well as outside agents, managers and music labels. Establish positive and effective relationships with agents, show runners, producers, and studio marketing executives, working in tandem with current programming executives and line producers. Identify industry creative resources and developments and serve as the department expert in ongoing industry innovations. Administer and report all production expenses to finance in real time while maintaining a high-level view of all ongoing production budgets for overall reconciliation and cost savings
The Executive Producer, Creative Partnerships at NBCU, is part of a team that develops and produces content that seamlessly connects an advertiser’s marketing goals with NBC intellectual property.
Reporting to the VP and Creative Director, NBC Creative Partnerships at NBCU, this position facilitates and oversees the production process from start to finish. In addition, they work closely with the East Coast Marketing team as well as internal NBC programming and external production partners.
Serving as the West Coast production point of contact on all ad sales related projects for NBC Entertainment, the position ensures communication between all appropriate groups including, but not limited to the following: NBC sales, NBC Marketing, programming, PR, Legal, Business Affairs, music services, talent relations, talent agents, show producers and studios. The position is the key production lead to all outside production partners and internal creative teams.
• Position requires a polished, professional demeanor and outstanding organizational skills
• Proven experience managing both large and small scale linear, digital, and live productions as a leader and expert on all aspects of the process. On-set production experience is mandatory
• Proven knowledge of labor and union rules; this person must be an expert at understanding SAG/AFTRA, labor unions, WGA, AFM, and DGA
• Experience and ease negotiating and interacting with top-tier agents and talent managers
• Ability to juggle multiple, intricate and multi-faceted 360 projects in a very high pressure and fast paced environment with ability to pivot under pressure.
• Exceptional people and written/oral communication skills; and the ability to successfully work with executives at all levels in the sales, media, advertising and creative communities.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must be willing to work In Los Angeles and travel and work occasional weekends
•Minimum 10 years’ experience in production, with preference for experience navigating a large media organization as well as a keen understanding of working with brands.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.