Web Developer Consultancy
For Lebanese American University New York Headquarters and Academic Center (LAU NY)
The Consultant will be responsible for creating and developing wireframes for the re-design of our LAU NY webpages, which are hosted within our main LAU university website. The consultant would have to adhere to the established branding and visual identity of LAU and interpret it for a North American market. The consultant will be working closely with LAU NY Director of Communications and Media and the Assistant Vice President for Development to create a user-friendly and relevant web presence for LAU NY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant is responsible for:
- discussing LAU NY’s requirements and proposed solutions with LAU NY assigned staff
- drawing up a new wireframe design for LAU NY webpages and implementing the approved new design within project deadline
- using development tools to write and test code to develop solutions
- applying off-page SEO (search engine optimization)
- assisting in uploading website content
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest web trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in web development is preferred.
The position requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in web development. Experience in a higher education institution or non-profit is preferred, as is experienced in the NYC area. Highly evolved oral and written communications skills are necessary, along with the ability to work collaboratively on the re-design project, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Cultural sensitivity and professional behavior are required at all times.
To apply: Please submit cover letter and CV to Elida Jbeili, Director of Communications.
The application deadline is Aug 31, 2019.
LAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.