We’re looking for skilled and driven digital journalists who know how to find great deals. You’ll be responsible for spotting the cheapest prices, insightful deal trends and hottest discounts and then writing about them to serve the massive audience across Future’s family of leading websites. You’ll need to be able to write accurately and compellingly to tell the world about deals, including regular news pieces, comprehensive buying guides and regular updates to core pages. To do so, you’ll need fantastic organisational and time-management skills, a talent for writing sharp, quality content, managing multiple audience strategies at once including SEO and social, as well as the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment.
Key role responsibilities
- Commissioning, managing and writing some of the site’s most important eCommerce content including buying guides and news stories
- Ensuring that all content has an audience strategy at its heart
- Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or eCommerce opportunities.
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
What do I need to succeed?
We are FutureConnectors. Creators. Experience Makers
- Proven ability to write high quality engaging content
- An existing understanding of SEO best practises and the ability to quickly develop these skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a ‘right first time’ approach to your writing
- Ability to use Google Analytics to report on and inform content strategies
- Knowledge and experience of content management systems
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Able to interpret and use audience behavioural data to inform content strategy.
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- An interest and expertise in technology and gadgets, including knowledge around the mobile phone and broadband market in the US.
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth- ↑188%
EBITDA Growth- ↑169%
Revenue Growth- ↑103%
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia.
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!