Digital Content Manager
- Full Time
The Digital Content Manager will develop, execute and optimize content on the Kennedy Center web site and other digital platforms to express the organization’s mission and market its events and activities with the goal of increasing transactions, overall engagement and digital/social media reach. The position not only originates content but supports and manages editorial production across the Kennedy Center web site, uploading standards of quality and procedure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
40% Web Editor - Create valuable, relevant content (text and media) on the Kennedy Center web site and other platforms to attract and engage audiences — and drive profitable consumption. Act as editorial voice of the Kennedy Center across the web site, upholding standards of quality and consistency. Take ownership of site sections – specifically overseeing the production of the event pages that make up our calendar, curating genre and series pages, and managing cross-promotion and personalization. Learn and educate others on best practices in integrating with our e-commerce engine, Tessitura.
35% Project Manager - Lead content packages to completion as a hub of information, collaborating with resources across the organization, managing deliverables from inception through execution to hit deadlines.
10% Video and Photo Curation and Light Production – in conjunction with Multimedia and Design departments.
10% Social Media - Under the oversight of our Social Media Manager, supply and optimize effective, data-informed native content.
10% Data Analytics
N/A Other duties as assigned.
N/A Responds to the needs and requests of Kennedy Center management and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
N/A Adheres to all employer policies and procedures.
- Minimum college level degree (BA for example) and three to five years’ experience with online and/or social content.
- Must be expert in the use of computers and the Internet;
- Minimum three years experience with online content;
- Familiarity with video curation and ideally production;
- Familiarity with photo sourcing and ideally editing;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Dedication to client service;
- Degree in Online Journalism, Arts, Communications or Marketing preferred;
- Demonstrated passion for performing arts subjects;
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Proficient with content management systems (eg, WordPress);
- Proficient with e-commerce or CRM software – especially Tessitura – a plus;
- Proficient with popular social media sites;
- Proficient with video editing software a plus;
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and on the telephone. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel in order to operate computer keyboard, office equipment, and other essential tasks. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. This position infrequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is minimal for the most part but could be loud during performances.
Travel up to 5% may be required.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.