Overnight Communications Analyst
- Full Time
Citizen is hiring. We invite you to apply to join our Safety Operations Center.
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world by building a global safety network of people protecting each other. The network is powered by technology that generates instant alerts about crime and other emergencies - as they occur. Each incident on the platform creates a temporary local network of people who use the Citizen product to protect each other, broadcasting live video and communicating with others nearby.
We are looking for a collaborative and mission-driven problem solver to join our growing safety operations team as a communications analyst. This talented team of creative and analytical writers collects, processes, and translates crime and emergency signals for the Citizen platform.
Please note that we run a 24/7 operation and new team members must have schedule flexibility to take on weekend shifts.
- Educate and empower users to keep them safe through real-time reporting on crime and public safety emergencies
- Exercise superb editorial judgment on sensitive subject matter
- Monitor and interpret multiple streams of data, including police scanners
- Stay current with local news in Citizen’s coverage areas
- Collaborate with colleagues on breaking national stories
- Craft social media posts on developing incidents
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writer with flawless grammar
- Resilient, resourceful, and adaptable
- Fluent in English
- Conscientious, demonstrating a high attention to detail
- Comfortable with maps and geography
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize
- Background in journalism, writing, another creative field, or startup environment a plus
- Bonus: experience using Citizen, listening to police scanners, or working in public safety
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, overtime, meals, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.