The Director of Magazine Sales will partner with our expansive sales team across the country to generate revenue & interest for our magazine products that include regional & spot market ads in national publications as well as targeted Cover Wraps. We work with magazine titles that include: People, Real Simple, Forbes, Fortune, InStyle, Women's Health, Parents, and many others.
This individual must have a passion for magazine media, keen knowledge of the industry, and initiative to build excitement around our offerings. It will be a dual role, one that inspires & assists our internal organization as well as one that develops multi-tier, creative solutions for our clients. This person is an individual contributor, must be highly motivated and enjoy being in market & in front of clients. As the main point of contact and expert in magazine media for our sales team and the liaise with the support team in the corporate office, the individual must have both a finesse for sales but also a thorough understanding of timelines, requirements, guidelines, etc. - which is a fine balance.
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- Generate revenue opportunities individually and in conjunction with our sales team
- Support and strategize magazine sales activities with and for sales team
- Account strategy and development
- Present product offerings to clients and agencies
- Work in concert with both internal operations team and sales team on opportunities.
- Bring passion and enthusiasm to magazine advertising
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field (and/or equivalent, relevant work experience).
5-10 years of magazine media experience or relevant experience
3+ years in magazine sales or account management experience
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deliver presentations to a diverse group of business stakeholders, ranging from Media Planners to CEO's.
- Knowledge of magazine industry
- Organized and works well within a team environment
- Ability to develop creative ideas to bring to the table for clients
- Aptitude and dedication to thrive in a dynamic and deadline-oriented environment.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with a large team.
- Persuasive communication style
- Business acumen and a strong work ethic are a must.
- Team Player with a diverse group of internal teams
- Able to manage multiple constituents and demands on time
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple demands at once
% Travel Required (Approximate): >75%