Bilingual Production Assistant
Brut Media is seeking a production assistant to learn and assist in various aspects of Brut Mexico and Brut Tierra’s video creation process.
The ideal candidate is native-level fluent in Spanish and has a deep interest in news and in researching and reporting stories from Mexico and the larger Latin American region.
This is a well-rounded learning opportunity as the assistant will be able to help the team in writing the best copy for social media platforms, scheduling posts, researching, pitching stories, work closely with both audience development and production teams to publish and develop videos, participate in regular pitch and brainstorm meetings.
Who are we?
Brut is an international video content publisher, focused on news and feature-based, short-form content. We cover topics from politics to technology and social justice, culture and more. Brut America videos were viewed over 155m times last month and we had over 350m views for Brut worldwide. You can find our content on Facebook @brutmex @brutamerica (or @brutofficiel for the French page, @brutuk for our UK page, and @brutindia for our Indian page).
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
● Knowledge of video editing and After Effects.
● Shooting experience a plus.
● Understanding of social media.
● Excellent communication skills, in person and in various written formats (Slack, email, etc.)
● Ability to multi-task.
● Strong interest in news and stories from Latin America.
● Attention to detail is a must
● Native level Spanish is required.