Director, Product Management
- Full Time
The candidate will also develop and maintain relationships with our clients to better understand their needs and pain points, as well as understand our competition in the market and how to best compete and exceed.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Lead and manage the full lifecycle of infrastructure and services that support our Cox Auto business units in developing a common user solution that gives visibility to one common user as the user navigates between Cox Auto applications.
- Translate vision into a product roadmap that balances market needs with internal resources, and which provide the company’s product offerings with unique competitive advantages.
- Work with executive leadership to identify and prioritize new product initiatives on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide regular updates to executive leadership and select clients on the current and future objectives for the Core Domain Platform.
- Establish strong relationships with a key group of our Clients to foster ongoing, two-way communication on current product features and future product concepts.
- Champion continuous process improvements within the Product, User Experience, and Engineering teams to both grow and develop team members and to drive greater efficiencies in the product delivery pipeline.
- Manage and provide ongoing mentoring and oversight for the Product Managers & Product Owners.
- Oversee the definition, design, development, and launch of new products and enhancements.
- Partner with technology and business leaders to ensure the Product Roadmap supports Cox Automotive business objectives.
- Work directly with Sales, Performance Management, Operations, Marketing and Client Support to maintain a solid understanding of both the competitive landscape and customer needs.
- Serve as the champion for product initiatives to the portfolio team, delivery stream, release trains and other roles from User Experience, Product Managers, Engineers, and Scrum Masters.
Qualifications:10+ years of experience in a Product Management or Product Development role10+ years of leading product development teams using multiple methodologies10+ years of experience directly managing and leading high-performing team membersStrong technical background, with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate business value to the field and customers Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment with geographically distributed team membersExceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to present and translate complex information to executive, technical, and business partnersAbility to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiencesProven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; detail oriented individualExcellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management teamBachelors degree or equivalent work experienceAutomotive experience is strongly desiredUp to 25% travel may be required
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.