The US OTT Technology team is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist. The Quality Assurance Specialist on the Digital Operations team will be required to use standard industry tools to test development of pending applications and digital product from the NBCU team as well as monitor the quality of our live, in production, digital product. Primary Responsibilities Review Testcases with the territory (US Market) expertise and be able to use your own initiative to add value to the current test pack for testing the applications to the core that are being built off-shoreUnderstand the proposition and use your expertise in coming up with ‘out of the box’ scenarios using the current territory (US Market) knowledge Create and perform standard release regression test verification (per platform) to confirm successful code deployments and mobile store submissionsBe able to repeat the test packs manually across the whole suite of OTT devices in scope Manage the creation, updates and status of issues detected during the test execution phase Manage the retest, updates and status of issues reported by other project stakeholdersReport Test execution status to Test Managers, Project Managers and Release Managers to ensure that all project deliverables are appropriately verified and approved for both distribution for owner verification and for final code deployment/ submissionCover both E2E & UAT Testing from a customer’s perspectiveBasic Qualifications
- Minimum two (2) years’ Quality Assurance process and Quality Assurance management tool experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ of website support and web applications experience
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and full software development lifecycle experience with web, mobile, connected device and OTT applications
- Familiarity with current popular Connected Device/OTT (tvOS/Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Xbox One, PS4, etc.)
- Familiarity with applications supporting video/media playback
- Experience with building test plans and coordinating QA/UAT with functional teams
- Ability to adapt/adopt new technology and solutions easily
- Good understanding of networking, SSL, firewalls, Akamai
- Experience with Charles proxy, Splunk or similar logging tools
- Experience with Jira, Slack, Confluence collaboration tools
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Have prior experience with desktop, mobile and connected device and OTT development or support
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, meet deadlines, and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with both Manual and automated testing
- Have a passion for digital media platforms and entertainment industries
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with basic product support a plus
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverable and projects
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.