Full-Time Writer and Part-Time Writer Needed for Reality TV News Site - Realityblurb.com
Reality Blurb is looking to hire a full-time writer for the site! Details for the job and how to apply are below. We also have a part-time position available which you can apply for. However, the details below are for the full-time position.
Are you a reality TV fanatic? Are you funny? Witty? Looking to work from home? This opportunity might be for you!
We are looking for a full-time writer to write day to day articles on the shows we cover such as Real Housewives, Southern Charm, Vanderpump Rules, Teen Mom, 90 Day Fiance, and more. This is only for articles and NOT for recaps.
This will be a full-time position that will pay between $3,000 to $5,000 each month, at a rate of $25 per story.
Responsibilities will include:
– Being available from 8:30am to 6pm Eastern Time from Mondays to Fridays (On most days, you’ll be done by 4pm).
– Working six days a week. Full-time hours from Monday to Friday and then a few hours on two to four Saturdays each month.
– Pitching reality TV stories each morning via email by 9am or earlier. By 10:30am on Saturdays.
– Working ONLY for Reality Blurb in the capacity of a writer/editor/blogger (related to Reality TV and Entertainment News) as you will have access to site stats and data.
– Doing phone interviews with reality stars on rare occasions. There will also be opportunities to travel and interview the reality stars on occasion. While occasional phone interviews are part of the job, any traveling will be completely optional and all expenses paid.
– Basic photo editing and social media use.
– A passion for Reality TV! Especially the Real Housewives and the other shows we regularly cover. Watching these shows and knowing the storylines is necessary in order to be able to pitch, pick, and write stories.
– Good understanding of WordPress.
– Ability to know and pick the best stories for the site.
– Being able to multitask and work on deadline. The turnaround time for most stories is an hour.
How to Apply –
- Submit a brief bio, a list of your favorite reality TV shows, your resume, and two writing samples.
- Writing samples can be links to two online articles that you’ve written about reality TV news. If you don’t have any online stories related to reality TV news, you will need to write up two writing samples based on recent reality TV news that you think would be great for the site. Of course, your work/writing samples will NOT be published anywhere.
TIP – We strongly advise looking at our past articles to get an idea of how we write our stories, the format, etc, and follow those guidelines for your writing samples.