News Staff Writer, Fast Company
- Full Time
As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Fast Companyis the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About The Role
Fast Company is looking for an experienced news writer to cover fast-developing news updates in business, technology, creativity, and innovation. We’re seeking a creative thinker, imaginer, and all-around news junkie—someone who can quickly identify important stories and crystalize why they matter.
The writer will primarily be responsible for contributing to our News section throughout the day with an eye toward covering big news as it breaks, bringing fresh angles to developing stories, and snagging the occasional scoop. The writer will also work with other section editors to help write, curate, and shape our daily newsletter.
We are proud of the culture we have created—our team is thoughtful, hardworking, and cooperative. The ideal candidate for this position shares those same characteristics.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Contribute to Fast Company’s daily newsletter.
- Write several stories breaking news stories a day on FastCompany.com
- Contribute to digital editorial packages, and write mid-size next day news analysis articles.
- Contribute to the print magazine, as needed.
- Work with the news editor to identify trends, new angles, and potential traffic sources.
- Host Fast Company panels and videos, as necessary.
- Use your already robust social media accounts and list of contacts to source story ideas and distribute your articles.
What We’re Looking For
- You have excellent news instincts.
- You have at least five years' experience in journalism and at least three in a news reporter role preferably in a breaking news environment.
- You have the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom, both independently and as part of a team.
- You are an engaging writer who is passionate about topic areas in Fast Company’s universe.
- You never miss a deadline—even a short one.
- You are an engaging and highly accurate writer who understands and will be able to quickly adapt to Fast Company’s voice and style.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and clips to the attention of Christopher Zara.
This is a position covered under the Writers Guild of America East Collective Bargaining Agreement
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for News Staff Writer, Fast Company
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly