- Full Time
The New York Post is looking for an energetic, general-assignment business reporter primarily dedicated to its digital operation.
- Be highly knowledgeable about developments in the business world on a national and international scale, with a broad source network and understanding of the most important issues of the day.
- Be well-versed in a variety of subjects, including markets, tech sector, government regulation and beyond.
- Break major stories that will appeal to New York, national and global audiences.
- Be able to produce clear, entertaining copy in a competitive, deadline-driven environment.
- Anticipate and quickly respond to major developments involving the players and personalities who drive the national conversation.
- Spot under-the-radar or offbeat stories and advance them for a wider readership.
- Be self-sufficient and able to multitask -- the kind of person who can handle a heavy load of copy while also developing longer-form pieces.
- Have at least five years of major journalism experience.
- Be willing to work early-morning hours.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.