Program Manager for Public Health Promotion
- Full Time
Do you have experience promoting health and wellness programs and are committed to making people healthier? We have a fantastic opportunity to work for a Foundation whose work focuses on public health and food advocacy. The Program Manager will oversee health promotion activities for The Monday Campaigns, initiatives that address tobacco cessation, physical activity, stress reduction, and diet & nutrition. The person will work closely with leading public health schools, hospitals, and other institutional partners to develop and distribute programs that promote healthy behavior in organizations such as health departments, NGOs, universities, and companies, in the US and globally.
The Program Manager will collaborate with marketing, public health, communications/PR and creative professionals to develop engaging program materials, blogs and articles, infographics, videos, implementation guides, and other content to support organizations’ use of The Monday Campaigns’ concepts in their own programming. Professional experience in relationship management, marketing, and program development for diet & nutrition, physical activity, stress management and tobacco cessation topics, is highly desired.
- Collaborate with team to develop program materials based on best practices as well as organizational and consumer needs, and help drive the adoption of Monday concepts in partner organizations.
- Compose copy to promote health behaviors for newsletters, website, social media & other digital assets.
- Engage organizations and consumers via social media with targeted messaging.
- Participate in strategy & planning to engage key audiences.
- Identify and engage prospective partner organizations who can implement and/or integrate Monday programs and concepts, and maintain relationships with partners.
- Make recommendations and coordinate processes to create effective health and wellness packages & promotions as relevant for different settings.
- Provide support for evaluating success of initiatives.
- Maintain regular communications and updated contact information for all active and prospective partners.
- Create opportunities to promote initiatives at key professional and public forums.
- Identify opportunities to feature the initiatives in media, and support composition of articles as needed.
- Report on existing partner organizations’ activities and gather feedback regarding ongoing integration of concepts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in public health marketing and/or program delivery & development.
- BS degree required; MPH or RD degree highly desirable; degree or equivalent experience in health behavior, communications, policy or related field highly desirable.
- Strong networking and outreach skills – must be able to contact and cultivate high-level prospects and maintain ongoing relationships.
- Experience with on-the-ground program execution, including community and worksite-based initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to craft professional, evidence-based presentations and reports.
- Knowledge of engagement and success metrics for social media
- Excellent project management skills, with strict compliance with creative guidelines and deadlines.
- Highly collaborative, especially in regard to strategy development and creative execution.
- Ability to shift attention to address changing priorities and support different campaigns during high volume work periods.
- High level of accountability and ability to report clearly about performance.
- Highly flexible and able to thrive in a small, creative environment.
- High comfort level with technology.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send a résumé, desired salary and thoughtful cover note to email@example.com telling us what ideas/experience/skills you can bring to the team. Please reference "Program Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- At least 2 samples of published work, professional presentations or program materials developed to engage audiences in public health.
We offer excellent benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply. This is an immediate hire.