Director, Media Development
- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books is currently seeking a Director of Media Development who will be responsible for creating a competitive path into all forms of media for HarperCollins Children’s content. This position will report to the VP, Associate Publisher.
- Creates strategic solicitation plans and serves as main contact for HarperCollins Children’s Books to studios, networks, producers, financiers and talent.
- Travels to CA on a (to be determined) regular basis in order to strengthen relationships, solicit new projects and monitor books in development.
- Works with the VP, Associate Publisher and Senior Director, Subsidiary Rights to negotiate filmed entertainment deals
- Represents HC Children’s in all HarperCollins corporate media partnerships and relationships.
- Reviews HC titles (wholly owned and traditionally acquired) for scope of media opportunity.
- Attends all related conferences and trade shows in order to gain industry knowledge and solicit HC titles, as well as report back on trends, developments, and news in the space.
- Oversees work and development of an assistant.
- An innovative thinker with minimum of 7 years’ experience in film/tv in book to film scouting and/or at a studio production or agency level
- Has experience in negotiating all terms in book to screen deals
- Has direct relationships with studios, writers, scouts, producers and agents
- Has managerial experience over assistant level supports
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong presentation skills
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.