Digital Content Producer
- Full Time
The role of Digital Content Producer presents an empowered opportunity to be a standard-bearer for the premiere recognition of excellence in the television industry: the Emmy® Awards for Daytime, Sports, and News & Documentary television programming and for achievement in video Technology & Engineering. The Digital Content Producer is a key voice for our organization, with direct responsibility for shaping and communicating our brand image and engaging our core constituencies across digital platforms.
The Digital Content Producer should possess a positive and inquisitive personality and be comfortable working in an “all hands on deck” small-team environment. The position is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to the Senior Vice President, Operations & Communications. They also work closely with the Senior Vice President, Production & Events, and President & CEO.
Responsibilities include conceiving, researching, writing, and producing high quality content for our web and social media properties; publishing our newsletter and other e-mail products; editing video and photographs; designing still and animated graphics and presentation assets; tracking and reporting website traffic and social engagement; and working with our event production teams to ideate on creative digital integrations.
Challenges & Responsibilities
- Serve as the principal content administrator of our website, intranet, and social media channels and tools
- Manage, create and publish original, high quality content for the web, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other platforms
- Develop content strategy and manage an editorial calendar to achieve marketing goals
- Draft and publish our newsletter and other e-mail products
- Prepare reports on web traffic, social engagement, campaign performance, and ROI
- Monitor SEO and suggest content optimization
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive digital strategy
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
- Edit video and photographs for online and internal uses
- Design still and animated graphics for online and show use, and assets for presentations and marketing materials
- Create and maintain brand style guides and resource libraries
- Engage with our constituent audience through social media reposting, retweeting, mentions, and replies, and direct email
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure brand consistency, responsiveness to audience concerns, and frequency and diversity of content publication
- Assist production staff as needed for awards ceremonies and other events
- Additional tasks as assigned
Success in this role is measured by:
- Web/Social Video Views
- Social Media Impressions and Engagement
- Website Traffic and Engagement
- Audience Conversion
- Qualitative feedback from colleagues, partners, and competition participants.
Candidates for this position should have:
- A liberal arts, media production, or related educational or career background
Strong work-ethic, attention to detail, and written and verbal communication skills
Complete comfort in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects), Apple Keynote, mainstream social media platforms, WordPress and other standard technology tools
- Experience in project management, PHP and/or Ruby programming, graphic design, data analysis, Sprout Social, and digital ad buying is a plus
- An ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across various disciplines, work toward consensus, and be a team player.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends, and to travel domestically, particularly during awards ceremony periods.
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz and Google Keyword Planner)
- A portfolio of published content
- Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish helpful.
- $60-$65K Base Salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits
- Paid time off
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) is a non-profit service organization dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of television and the promotion of creative leadership for artistic, educational, and technical achievements within the television industry. It recognizes excellence in television with the coveted Emmy® Awards for News & Documentary, Sports, Daytime entertainment, and Daytime Creative Arts & entertainment programming, as well as achievements in television Technology & Engineering.
NATAS membership consists of nearly 18,000 broadcast and media professionals represented in 19 regional chapters across the country. Beyond awards, NATAS has extensive educational programs including regional student television and the National Student Production Awards for outstanding journalistic work by high school students, as well as scholarships, publications, and major activities for both industry professionals and the viewing public.
NATAS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the life experiences and diversity of our team, our members, and the vibrant community of creative professionals we serve. We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.