Account Manager, Sales & Community Marketing
4 days left
- Full Time
The role of Account Manager, Sales & Community Marketing (“Account Manager”) presents an empowered opportunity to be a standard-bearer for the premiere recognition of excellence in the television industry: the Emmy® Awards. The Account Manager is at the front line of building relationships with the television community and related brands for the production of successful Daytime, Sports, News & Documentary, and Technology & Engineering Emmy® Award ceremonies and other events.
The Account Manager should possess a positive and forward-thinking personality and be comfortable working in an “all hands on deck” small-team environment. The position is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to the Senior Vice President, Operations & Communications. They also work closely with the President & CEO and Senior Vice President, Production & Events.
The individual in this role will be expected to be a spirited champion of our brand and the community we serve. The Account Manager is principally responsible for generating printed program book, digital, and in-stream video advertising revenue, building strategic co-marketing brand alliances, crafting creative event integrations for sponsors, and managing the back office processes of our sales operation.
The typical day will include maintaining relationships with existing customers, generating new business, coordinating with third-party salespeople and business development representatives, working with our production team to ideate on event integrations, developing reports and recommendations for leadership, entering and updating leads in our CRM, preparing agreements and invoices, and creating marketing materials and products.
Challenges & Responsibilities
- Understand client and sponsor needs and priorities, and develop plans to meet them
- Preserve, renew and grow existing accounts
- Identify, approach, and close deals with new clients and sponsors
- Communicate with clients at a senior level to resolve issues and inquiries, and generate innovative ideas to add brand value by aligning with NATAS
- With senior leadership, set and monitor sales targets and specific performance metrics
- Coordinate with and support external account executives and representatives
- Report on sales and sponsorship results on a regular basis and suggest improvements
- Manage sales workflow, including entering and updating leads in our CRM, preparing agreements and invoices, and tracking key metrics
- Monitor incoming payments, and work with our finance team to facilitate
- Create event and product marketing materials, case studies, and presentations
- Additional tasks as assigned
Success in this role is measured by:
- Printed program book, digital, and in-stream video advertising revenue
- Sponsorship revenue
- Number of unique customers and sponsors
- Qualitative feedback from colleagues, partners, and competition participants
Candidates for this position should have:
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience as a sales executive, Account Manager or sales and marketing director, meeting or exceeding targets, ideally in a similarly-situated media, event-focused, and/or non-profit organization
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, or related educational or career background
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends, and to travel domestically, particularly during awards ceremony periods.
- Complete comfort in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Adobe Photoshop, Apple Keynote, mainstream social media platforms, and other standard technology tools.
- An ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across various disciplines, work toward consensus, and be a team player.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) is a non-profit service organization dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of television and the promotion of creative leadership for artistic, educational, and technical achievements within the television industry. It recognizes excellence in television with the coveted Emmy® Awards for News & Documentary, Sports, Daytime entertainment, and Daytime Creative Arts & entertainment programming, as well as achievements in television Technology & Engineering.
NATAS membership consists of nearly 18,000 broadcast and media professionals represented in 19 regional chapters across the country. Beyond awards, NATAS has extensive educational programs including regional student television and the National Student Production Awards for outstanding journalistic work by high school students, as well as scholarships, publications, and major activities for both industry professionals and the viewing public.
NATAS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the life experiences and diversity of our team, our members, and the vibrant community of creative professionals we serve. We offer competitive medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, paid time off, and professional development opportunities.