The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group is seeking a Sales Planning Assistant to support the Vice President, Executive Director of Sales Management & Planning. This position will also be the key point person for sales reps both in-house and around the country. This exciting role works across the Knopf, Doubleday, Pantheon, and Schocken imprints and is the perfect opportunity to gain a behind-the-scenes understanding of the publishing process and an in-depth education on the book marketplace.
In this role, you will:
* Liaise information between the marketing team and other departments, including sales, editorial, publicity and production.
* Create and distribute sales materials, coordinate meetings, prepare marketing summary reports, and write letters for mailings.
* Provide general administrative support to the Vice President, Executive Director.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Prior internship in a corporate marketing department a plus
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
* Excellent communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
* Familiarity of HTML and web analytics a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.