- Full Time
- Writes stories and edits sound based on need (Top Story, Super Power, Power, Regular, Memorable).
- Anchors newscasts on Jacksonville’s Morning News 5-9am, middays, and News at Noon.
- Finds compelling stories, photos, video for WOKV Social Media and writes a story for air to connect it together.
- Writes local stories for WOKV.COM using Methode; searches for all related content to enhance the story production for digital.
- Uses WOKV App tools to enhance story coverage (open mic, push alerts, promotion of app alerts).
- Engages daily with Action News Jax Assignment Desk and anchors by phone, email, and in person when necessary.
- Conducts interviews via phone/in person for stories that will run through the day on WOKV.
- Writes stories as new content comes in to the newsroom throughout shift.
- Anchors long-form coverage of breaking news and severe weather.
- Attends training, observes execution of severe weather coverage.
- Attends CMG Jacksonville meetings and training opportunities as they fit work requirements.
- An energetic journalist that is fully engaged in the daily news product.
- A consistently dependable anchor that is ambitious and willing to take on new assignments.
- An anchor that is relentless in the pursuit of flawless delivery and performance.
- An anchor capable of hosting long-form coverage of breaking news and severe weather.
- A consistent producer of compelling stories for all digital and social assets.
- A personality capable of filling in as host of Jacksonville’s Morning News.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; Makes sure audience understands and retains the message (story)
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of productivity; Operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility for completion of assignments; self-imposing standards of excellence
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team and completing goals
- Adaptability: Tries to understand changes; Approaches change or newness positively; Adjusts behaviors
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty; Keeps commitments; Behaves consistently
- Continuous Improvement: Assesses opportunities; Determines causes, Targets improvement ideas, Implements effective improvements
- Managing Work (Time Management): Prioritizes; Makes preparations; Schedules; Leverages resources; Stays focused
- Resilience: Remains positive; Maintains focus on work
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains focus; Maintains relationships, copes effectively
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.