Data Analyst (SEO) – Performance Brands & Partners
- Full Time
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the growing lifestyle categories.
We are looking for a driven Data Analyst to help us grow our diverse portfolio of websites.
The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter who is passionate about marketing: best practices, research, and industry trends. As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for taking initiative and contributing to the growth of our websites from our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Data Analyst grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Manager, SEO & Analytics
A typical day as a Data Analyst might include:
- Analyze large amounts of data with little oversight to find new paths for growing traffic
- Identify new SEO growth opportunities via content gap analysis, keyword opportunities, competitive audits, site infrastructure / product improvements, content optimization, link development and ongoing analysis
- Act as a consultant solving business problems using data and presenting results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Utilize tools (Google Analytics, BigQuery, Google Seach Console, etc) to track the effectiveness of web content for search engine optimization and user engagement.
- Monitor and report on metrics such as page ranking, site traffic trends, effectiveness of site optimization etc.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Work to ensure SEO tasks are completed on time and that SEO best practices are properly implemented across all websites
- Proactive to learn and stay up to date with trends and advancements in technology, SEO, UI/UX, Google algorithm updates in order to provide insight to the SEO team and help develop an SEO corporate culture across our department.
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field from a highly competitive school
- 1+ years of analytical experience
- Experience with the following languages/tools: SQL, HTML/CSS/JS, Python, Excel, BigQuery, Tableau
- Self-Starter - You know what to do, get your hands dirty, dive into the details, and get it done
- Analytical - You can navigate through data with ease, asking the right questions, and uncovering insights that will guide us to new opportunities. Must be experienced in manipulating large datasets in Excel and BigQuery
- Tenacious - You drive projects to completion, despite hurdles, dependencies, uncertainties, or a lack of resources
- Compelling Influencer – You have great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Strategic Thinker – You thrive when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the following tools: Tableau, SEM Rush, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, AHREFS, Majestic, Moz, Deepcrawl
- Google Analytics Certified
- Masters of Science in Marketing or Business
- Experience and passion working in the media industry.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.