Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Vice President, Editorial & Publishing, Magazines
Based – London or New York
Excellent executive compensation and employee benefits package
Closing Date: 9th August 2019
We’re searching for a Vice President at Springer Nature to lead our global Editorial and Publishing division that has locations across New York, London and further international sites. This is a high profile leadership role that will provide strategic direction for an impressive and established portfolio of magazines and publications to research and scientific communities. Some of our well-known publications include Scientific American and Nature research journals.
The role holder will provide strategic leadership for a global portfolio of magazine professionals which are focused on:
- Continually informing and serving the needs of researcher and further communities through Nature Index and Nature Careers content.
- Servicing the marketing services needs of corporate and institutional partners through custom media, paid content on Springer Nature platforms and sponsored supplements to Nature and Scientific American.
- Serving science-interested consumers via independent editorial for Scientific American.
- Supporting business growth by overseeing the MRS Publishing Group.
- Drive the Magazine Editorial & Publishing strategy across brands.
- Lead Magazine Editorial & Publishing operations including
- Partnership Editorial & Publishing.
- Shape internal and external representation, delivering partnerships and events.
- Work closely with technology and Product & Platform Groups to ensure the requirements of Magazine content are appropriately communicated, understood and prioritised.
Experience, qualifications and skills:
- Significant international leadership experience in scientific publishing and editing
- Experience leading in a global environment within international matrix organisational structures
- Extensive experience in managing performance for large, diverse teams
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate with commercial and publishing colleagues to grow business revenues
- Proven capability in remote leadership and management
- Proven strength in leading the strategic development of publishing and content teams
- Knowledge of international content marketing and science communication markets
- Familiarity with the communications needs of academic institutional and research-based organisations
- Strong journalistic background; a Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent experience preferred
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.