- Full Time
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. Our audience of sought-after tech professionals use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and finding innovative companies they believe in.
We raised $22M in July and have some big plans for our content team and products that you can read about here.
We're looking for an Editor
We are seeking a creative and experienced editor to lead one of our newly formed growth content teams that is responsible for telling bold and original stories that help our readers learn and build new things. This position will report to the Director of Growth Content.
Who you are
- You have the ability to help set the vision, strategy, and execution for part of Built In’s community content.
- You can lead the development and growth of existing and new story types.
- You can work with our team of writers to develop stories focused on trends, people and broader topics in the technology industry.
- You edit news stories and features as they come in as well as assist with writing headlines.
- You have the ability to manage the weekly editorial calendar, ensuring that stories are proceeding according to deadlines.
- You can plan and manage daily operations.
- You have the ability to work out of Chicago or San Francisco.
What you need
- A strong passion for technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- 5+ years of experience in a journalistic capacity
- 1+ years of experience as an editor
- 1+ years of leading a team of writers with varied levels of experience
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making—on a per-story level and for greater programming
- Self-motivated and excited to work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that stories are being published on schedule while maintaining high quality
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.