- Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post-Cable Network covering the headline and business news that is transforming our lives. Cheddar’s team is growing, products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex- at a very fast pace. We’re looking for an experienced media operations professional to oversee a diverse portfolio of projects that helps our team work together to execute their objectives amidst this rapid change.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which grew Cheddar’s news family to include News12 and i24 as well as introduce a new portfolio of ad products. While our culture remains start-up in feel, the opportunity for success is now even greater.
Cheddar is looking for enterprising, creative reporters who can break exclusive news on the most competitive beats in tech and business.
These desired areas of coverage include (but are not limited to) companies reshaping the future of transportation, gaming and esports industries, venture capital, hedge funds and the future of retail and e-commerce. The ability to cover these areas through the lens of their dominant players — whether it be Amazon’s reshaping of the retail sector or Tesla’s impact on other car makers — is a must.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of breaking original stories and providing smart analysis that will be relevant to Cheddar’s hyper-curious, business-savvy audience. This person has excellent news judgement and knows how to find unique approaches to covering a crowded beat.
This role requires someone who can be equally comfortable with writing and appearing on camera. Exclusive stories should be impactful enough to command the attention of other news organizations. The ideal candidate will already know how to develop sources on a beat and can demonstrate a thorough understanding of best journalistic practices and ethics.
- Deliver a reliable stream of exclusive, impactful reporting that’s communicated through text and video.
- Give regular on-air analysis and commentary related to news on your respective beat.
- Occasionally interview executives and industry newsmakers on your respective beat.
- At least two to three years of experience at an established news publication.
- A proven track record of delivering original, exclusive reporting on at least one of the following beats: transportation, gaming, retail, cannabis, or a big tech company like Google.
- Experience with business and financial news coverage. You should be able to analyze and contextualize a company’s quarterly earnings results.
- Ability to write crystal-clear copy efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to effectively communicate on-camera in a fast-paced, live news TV environment.
- A passion for breaking news and a collaborative spirit.