Assistant News Director
- Full Time
WPBF 25 News is searching for an aggressive, creative and experienced news leader. The ideal candidate will have excellent news judgment, strong management skills and an urgent and aggressive approach to breaking news coverage--on air and online. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market leading
breaking news, weather coverage and community service on all platforms daily. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom
• Execute the brand and manage content delivery both on air and online
• Plan big event coverage
• Schedule talent daily and for public appearances
• Assist in producing specials
• Assist with recruiting and hiring of news department personnel
• Supervise news team and conduct annual performance evaluations with the News Director along with daily feedback
• 2 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience
• Strong producing background with excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Military training and experience will be considered
• Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel and privacy laws.
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Creativity is a must
• Bachelor’s Degree or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field.