Senior Sales and Operations Specialist
- Full Time
This role is responsible for meeting established store sales and retention objectives while providing feedback and coaching for team member development. This individual plays a key role in maximizing store sales, retention and profitability by assisting with operational activities such as coaching, training, merchandising, inventory management, and loss prevention. This individual will act as “manager on duty” when necessary and complete paperwork and sales reports as they relate to store opening and closing activities. Additional responsibilities will include selling and handling customer-care transactions as needed (typically during peak traffic times throughout the week and month). While this role is responsible for an individual sales component, because such a large percentage of time is devoted to improving overall store sales, this role is currently compensated based on achievement of store sales. Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Ensures store sales and retention targets are met; motivates other Solutions Specialists to achieve or exceed their individual quotas
- Provides ongoing coaching on to Solutions Specialists to ensure timely and actionable feedback
- Acts as Manager On Duty, assisting Solutions Specialists with conflict and/or issue resolution as well as customer escalations
- Assists with operational activities such as inventory cycle counts, stock replenishment, training, merchandising, and special event execution
- Builds and maintains relationships with new and existing customers
- Explains, illustrates, demonstrates product capabilities and offers suggestions based on customers’ wants and needs
- Models best-in-class customer service skills and aids customers in completing purchases and resolving issues
Qualifications:HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 5 or more year of experience preferred in sales or customer service-oriented role
- Track record of high individual and team performance with demonstrated financial result in sales and retention
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a solutions-based approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
- Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory.
- Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
- 3 or more years of experience preferred in Retail
- Previous experience providing feedback and coaching to others
- Previous experience with store operational duties.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.