Account Executive - KIRO TV
- Full Time
Are you the employee of choice for KIRO 7 CBS in Seattle?
- Are you the top performing Account Executive at your station?
- Is it time for you to make a move to a larger market?
- Do you embrace change, innovation and new opportunities?
- Do you describe yourself as enthusiastic, positive and optimistic?
- Do you have a passion for sports, research, healthcare & serving our community?
- Are you organized, solution minded, consultative and customer centric?
- Do you have a proven track record of coming up with successful creative solutions that fit your clients' marketing, advertising and promotional needs?
- Do you partner with your clients step-by-step to maximize success?
- Are you good at selling digital assets that include display advertising, streaming media, native advertising, reach extension, SEM/SEO and social media?
- Are you simply the best new business developer at your station and are ready to take it to the next level?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then KIRO 7 CBS is your employer of choice. We are seeking an Account Executive with a proven track record of growing key accounts and developing new business. The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenue to meet or exceed predetermined goals by working with key advertising agencies, prospecting local businesses, presenting sales proposals, closing the sale and providing continuous customer service. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local agencies, businesses and individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through our various advertising channels and services. The ideal candidate has solid expertise in:
- Cold calling
- Determining client needs
- Proposal development
- Account maintenance
- Wide Orbit
- Microsoft Office (Word-PowerPoint-Excel)
Every KIRO AE will:
- Prospect for new business and digital clients
- Build and retain a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Create fully integrated, multi-platform campaigns
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Assist in the development of sales tools and presentation materials such as case studies, or other such vehicles deemed necessary by management.
- Sell our station opportunities including digital, news, sports, station projects & specials
- Build and retain relationships with top-level decision makers
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Deliver unparalleled service, maintenance and follow through
- This position requires a minimum 2 years of media sales experience
- Possess a keen understanding of marketing and have experience negotiating with advertising agencies
- Strong command of online display advertising, streaming video, social and search marketing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Talented in Microsoft Office (Word-PowerPoint-Excel)
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.