Part-Time Weekday and Weekend Copy Editor
Do your friends come to you with grammar questions? Is your copy of Strunk and White's Elements of Style particularly well loved? Do you delight in spotting typos on and off the web, at the grocery store, and in emails from friends and family? Then we want to talk to you. We are looking for a proud punctuation and grammar geek to help copyedit all things POPSUGAR. Meticulous attention to detail, knowledge of pop culture, and an ability to be flexible are a must.
• Copyedit various POPSUGAR content (editorial content, sales materials, marketing materials, videos, and more) for grammar, punctuation, clarity, voice, style, accuracy, SEO, and spelling.
• Attend biweekly copy team meetings and editorial staff meetings as needed.
• Work the weekend shift and part-time Monday-Wednesday.
• 1-2 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field (required)
• 1-2 years of online copyediting experience (required)
• A thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and AP and Chicago style (required)
• A knowledge of online media
• A love for and knowledge of all things pop culture
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• HTML skills (preferred)
Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us why you think you’d be the perfect fit for POPSUGAR. This job is three days a week plus weekends. No phone calls, please.
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company that is parent to lifestyle media publisher POPSUGAR and monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. Together, the brands attract a monthly global audience of 100 million, generating 3.1 billion monthly content views. POPSUGAR is the #1 lifestyle brand for young women, delivering inspiring, informative, and entertaining content in multi-platforms across entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, parenting, news and more. POPSUGAR Studios, the video production arm of POPSUGAR, Inc., is the leading producer of online video lifestyle content, with more than 300 million monthly views of its original series. POPSUGAR Inc. has offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London and operates internationally in Australia, France, the Middle East, and the UK. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com.
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business. We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.