Temporary Assistant Manager, Marketing & Publicity
4 days left
- Full Time
The Temporary Assistant Manager, Marketing & Publicity is responsible for creating and implementing publicity plans to help increase sales and enhance our visibility in the marketplace. This is a temp to perm position.
• Handle all aspects of publicity campaigns for assigned titles from Sterling’s Adult and Children’s lists.
• Work closely with marketing and publicity team, editors and authors to create, execute and oversee publicity campaigns for assigned titles.
• Write press materials and targeted pitch letters, as well as create promotional items.
• Plan and execute multi-city book tours and author appearances, including coordinating book signings, arranging travel and creating comprehensive tour schedules.
• Pitch and promote books/authors to media (radio, TV, print, and digital outlets).
• Present publicity and marketing strategies & campaigns at key meetings with editors, authors and the sales team.
• Research new media outlets and create targeted mailing lists.
• Provide weekly round ups of press coverage for dissemination to division departments and authors.
• Communicate all marketing and publicity efforts to Sales team and reps in order to drive sales and increase revenue.
• Develop and curate content for all of Sterling’s various social media platforms.
• Write and schedule social media posts on a daily/weekly basis.
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 4 years of public relations experience preferred, with a solid book publishing background.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills with attention to detail and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Experience and proven results managing author tours, book launches, and press events with a focus on children’s and YA titles.
• Demonstrated experience using email and social media as a marketing and sales tool.
• Proficient in Cision and Hootesuite.
• A positive, can-do attitude and the ability to multi-task and work well with different types of personalities.
• Ability to travel domestically as needed for author tours and conference participation.
• Ability to work within established deadlines and budgets.