Lead UX Interaction Designer
- Full Time
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Lead User Experience (UX) Interaction Designer to join our team in Atlanta, GA. As a Lead User Experience (UX) Interaction Designer, you will be responsible for creating an optimal user experience for our sales teams, sales operations and our sales executives by designing user experiences that are intuitive, efficient, and easy to use. You will partner with the sales teams to better understand their needs and then will work in concert with the product and engineering teams to improve the experience.
You must have significant experience with sales teams and Salesforce.com and must have experience influencing others in a team environment. This role advocates for user centered design techniques, data driven decision processes and high-quality aesthetics. You must be a creative thinker and self-starter who can interact with our front-line sales teams and executives. You must have experience conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, and mockups. Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Performs formative research to understand our continuum of end users and what each needs to accomplish
- Work closely with the stakeholders and product team to create best in class user experiences while driving measurable results
- Contributes research findings and insights to the product and engineering team
- Understands product goals and user goals and translates both into an intuitive design structure
- Is focused on helping users successfully achieve goals and complete tasks.
- Develops and/or contributes to prototype development so that functional design can be validated by testing with actual users.
- Communicates functional design to the implementation team.
- Is metric-sensitive and understands that success is based on achieving both client satisfaction and revenue goals.
- Is able to articulate and execute a strategic vision through the use of persuasion, presentation, internal/external relationships, and leadership by example.
Your portfolio must demonstrate a depth of experience with emphasis on UX design for digital applications, including complex, data-driven web sites, daily use products, and mobile apps. You must be able to translate interaction design concepts across platforms (e.g., desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.) consistently while respecting each platform’s unique interactions and optimizing its benefits.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related field
- 10+ years work experience in interactive design or user-interface, design-related field required, with sales application (Salesforce.com) experience
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Experience in iterative software delivery methodologies like Agile and SCRUM
- Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results
- Passion and experience working with engineering and product teams
- Experience in research and new product development utilizing Lean methods
- Knowledge of current UX design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms
- Deep understanding of web and mobile technologies
- Eye for design details and skills facilitating visual reviews
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.#LI-107
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.