Verywell is looking for a remote content update editor to join our growing team. As an update editor, you will join our Quality Team, a team of remote editors, producers, and fact checkers who work on our sizeable cache of existing articles to improve the reader experience and ensure the accuracy of all of our content, old and new. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
A successful candidate must provide at least four clips that clearly demonstrate expertise with health, wellness, and/or medical content. Successful candidates will be able to pass a short editing test.
This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 40 hours). The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Review existing articles on a variety of health and wellness topics, and revise content in accordance with project instructions
- Identify and update outdated material, including noting where visuals or videos are outdated or no longer accurate
- Identify opportunities to proactively improve content by restructuring, strengthening sourcing, incorporating visual elements, filling coverage gaps, and more
- At least three years experience writing or editing in the health and wellness space (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Comfortable with content management systems
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree a plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.