About Your Role:
As a freelance updates editors and producers for MyDomaine, you will review and revise existing articles in order to elevate user experience, according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines. Updates editors and producers must commit to a minimum of 20 hours weekly. The rate for these roles range from $15-$25 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- You will research and perform revisions or updates to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines.
- In some cases you will use your editorial instinct to independently assess what work is necessary on a piece of content before performing an update.
- You will fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates.
- You have a strong editorial background in home design, food or entertaining, with current industry knowledge and relationships. You’re always on top of new trends, treatments and products.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- You consider yourself a visual person.
- You’re comfortable working in a content management system and can work quickly, independently and accurately.
- You are comfortable working remotely.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.