About Your Role:
As a contract Editor for Brides, MyDomaine, and Byrdie, you will join our in-house Quality Team to improve the work of our remote editors and fact checkers, who work on our sizeable cache of existing articles, to enhance the reader experience and ensure the accuracy of all of our content, both old and new. You will review the work of remote editors, ensuring all articles meet quality standards, follow project instructions, and adhere to brand guidelines. You will also offer new and veteran editors feedback and revisions to improve the overall editing process. This in-house, contract position requires a 40 hour weekly commitment. The rate for this role is $27/hr.
About Your Contributions:
- You will review and edit updated articles, ensuring that the editor’s update work follows the specific project instructions, the brand’s and Dotdash’s guidelines, and puts the reader first—all while meeting Dotdash’s standard for quality content.
- You will coach newly hired editors throughout their first few projects, providing them feedback on each article they update and notes for revisions, when necessary.
- You will spot check veteran editors’ work to ensure it still meets Dotdash standards, and provide them with feedback.
- You have a strong background in lifestyle editorial, with a focus on home, beauty, and/or bridal. You’re always on top of new trends.
- You’re able to easily adopt an established brand voice, and you adhere to strict brand and style guidelines like a pro.
- You’re a great editor, and consider yourself “nit-picky” at times. You know the difference between an en-dash and an em-dash.
- You’re comfortable working in a content management system and can work quickly, independently, and accurately.
- You are an excellent communicator, and are comfortable giving feedback, whether positive or negative, to a team member.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.