Senior Manager, Strategic and Data Analytics
- Full Time
Manages analytics team of managers and analysts in alignment with business and stakeholder needs. Aligns on work prioritization with stakeholders and ensures quality, breadth, depth and timeliness of work. Delivers value-added, material, and valid insights as well as tools to grow customer base, revenue and cash flow, and enhance operational efficiency and customer experience. Measures and assesses the effectiveness of investments and processes using data analysis, modeling, and optimization techniques. Assesses and optimizes performance to identify and recommend opportunities and influence business change.
This role provides counsel & advise to senior leadership in CB Marketing, CB Sales, CB Product, BusOps, and Strategy. Accordingly, it spans components of 3 “typical” analytical functions: Data Analysis, Market Research & Analysis, and Strategic Analysis. The successful leader will have exceptional hands-on experience working with, visualizing & interpreting data; modeling and predictive analytics; summarizing & presenting to leadership, and working with peers & boundary partners in the Data and Technology ecosystem to continually refine & improve processes and knowledge.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Partners and builds relationships with internal stakeholders and clients. Develops understanding of key client needs and the ability to gain acceptance. Leads the identification and scoping of analytical projects that align with business priorities. Aligns projects to business and departmental goals.
• Provides project management guidance and direction. Develops and delivers clear communications through appropriate mediums to key stakeholders and clients. Clearly defines scope and minimizes scope changes through buy in from analytical team, analytical team lead, and stakeholders and clients. Monitors and manages client expectations.
• Develops and mentors team through complex statistical models and quantitative analyses. Guides team on processes for selecting methods and techniques. Leads analyses and modeling when needed.
• Identifies and translates analytical results into meaningful and actionable insights and recommendations to influence business change. Develops effective presentations and documents that clearly communicate results that align with business issues and challenges. Communicates complex information in a clear and concise way.
• Drives project milestones to completion. Build partnerships, define accountability, and lead the activities which operationalize key findings.
• Develops tools, tests, and dashboard to enable implementation of insights. Supports testing, training, and development of new business practices.
• Manages team of analysts. Provides mentorship and guidance to team members. Designs and implements development plans to ensure growth of team members.
• Guides and provides direction for the design and implementation of data collection, cleansing, and validation. Leads data collection and validation when needed.
• Demonstrates leadership in the matrix environment.
• Data Analysis
o Serves as a contact for internal client groups for data research, document, spreadsheet and report compilation and design
o Work with peer functions/boundary partners in maintaining, reviewing and/or analyzing data files, tables and reports for inconsistencies, troubles shooting data integrity issues and develops cleanup strategy if needed
o Works with peer functions/boundary partners in compiling or importing data from various databases into specialized software, databases or tools in order to generate reports to support various departments
o Create & oversee creation of data visualizations, presentations and timelines in support of department or business operations.
o Provides and conducts trend analysis to support business operations; may include budget modeling.
o May write code or leverage tools to automate queries, reports and visualizations and consolidate data into reports and knowledge.
o Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in analytical procedure or cross-functional methods.
o Conducts business impact analyses and validation studies and market research through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final research report.
• Strategy Analytics
o Supports the strategic planning and corporate development processes by researching prospective trends, business partners, competitors, emerging technologies, and applications.
o Supports Corporate Strategy in identifying and collecting data required for due diligence on long range plans, deals and potential new products and services as an addition to our portfolio.
o Produces detailed analytical models to support financial, technical, scenario and game theory decisions.
o Evaluates and interprets analyst reports, financial reports, technology assessments and recommendations to draw conclusions on viability and impact to Cox.
• Market Research & Analysis
o Work with peer functions in developing and maintaining means to systematically gather business intelligence that supports the achievement of business objectives, projects market potential and estimates market penetration.
o Manages and participates in the analysis of customer information available on the marketing database, providing customer profiles; retention analyses; churn reports; and, upgrade and acquisition modeling and tracking as required for business purposes.
o Responsible for acquiring secondary or 3rd party data, such as demographic or firmographic data, and analyzing them to assist in strategic decision-making by corporate and field personnel.
o Data extraction/Data Mining: Extract response and customer data sets for marketing analysis from data warehouse, AS400, and internet data banks.
o Data modeling: Convert and transfer data to and from AS/400 and Oracle-based data warehouse to PC with accuracy and speed.
• 7 or more years of experience required developing and implementing analytical solutions in Finance, Marketing, Sales or Operations. 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• Requires extensive knowledge and experience with analytical tools such as SAS, R, Tableau, etc. as well as SQL and data manipulation. Excel and ppt.
• Requires extensive teamwork, communication, presentation, and time management skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• BS/BA in quantitative field strongly desired (statistics, QM, Computer Science, Economics, Analytics, Engineering, etc.).
• Advanced degree in Business, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or other analysis related fields preferred
• 3 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
• 7 or more years of experience in telecommunications, with a focus on industry, market & business analysis
• Certification in CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) and/or relevant industry certifications (SAS Foundation Certifications, Tableau, etc).
• Implementing cross-functional analytical projects and solutions, including defining scope, timelines and milestones.
• 5+ years using tools like SAS or R for modeling and analysis
• 5+ years using tools like Tableau, QlikView or PowerBI for data visualization
• 5+ years using SQL for data querying and extraction
• 2+ years using tools like Alteryx, Tableau Prep, or KNIME for data preparation and/or analytical workflows
• Experience within telecom, consumer package goods, retail, financial services, or consulting industries
• Econometric and statistical modeling and machine learning methodology
• Marketing and/or Sales analytics including revenue/discounting analysis, customer survival and churn analysis, and business case/profitability analysis support
• Operational analytics including application for Call Center, Technical Support, Collections, and Customer Experience Analytics
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.