- Full Time
Who We Are:
The Caucus Educational Corporation (CEC) is a non-profit, educational multi-media production company that produces a variety of programming to keep citizens in the NJ/NY/PA region informed on an array of topics. Our coverage includes healthcare, education, NJ politics, lifestyle, arts, business and economic issues, as well as interviews with ordinary people who do extraordinary things.
That’s the background, but when you come meet us, you’ll see that we’re a small team who works hard. We produce a ton of programming and we’re all proud of the content we’re putting out there.
Providing content to PBS is different – your mission as a producer is different. You want to engage your audience, help them learn something, and hopefully, they’re walking away inspired to do something.
Our programs include:
- Think Tank with Steve Adubato: convenes thought leaders who examine critical issues and challenges facing society today
- One-on-One with Steve Adubato: features compelling personalities, newsmakers, actors, artists, authors and CEOs who share their experiences and accomplishments
- State of Affairs with Steve Adubato: providing in-depth analysis of public policy issues facing NJ and the region
The Role –
Associate Producer: We’re looking for someone with 2-4 years of production/booking experience – if you have less/more, we still want to hear from you.
You’ll have the opportunity to pitch your ideas to a team who really wants to hear them! You’ll do the research and get to know the guests so you can prepare our host prior to the in-studio interview.
We’ll get you out of the office. You’ll be our go-to person for on-location productions – we’ll need your creativity to plan, execute, and finalize each piece in post-production working side by side with our editors.
We’re going to need your keen eye to spot THAT moment from our shows and share it. We work with the top NJ sites to get our content out there.
READ THIS: These are the highlights of the position, and we look forward to further developing the position around your talents and interests. Send us a cover letter but don’t repeat your resume. We want to learn more about you and what made you interested in the position. Also, include the show you’re currently binge-watching on Netflix and Amazon. Yes, this is a test to see if you’ve read this thoroughly, but also, we finished Stranger Things 3 and need a new show.
Some More Details:
• BA in Journalism/Communications/Broadcast /TV preferred, internships in TV preferred.
• 2-4 years of production experience, preferably at a network level
• Experience pitching, researching & booking high profile guests, working with talent
• Knowledge of control room & studio basic operations
• Experience producing field and on-location shoots
• Knowledge & use of social media platforms
• Must include cover letter + salary requirements with application.
• Please visit SteveAdubato.org before applying