Project Manager - Content and Communications
- Full Time
● Direct firm’s editorial function to strategically align communications with business goals, including strict adherence to content purpose, appropriateness, relevance, clarity, accuracy, grammar, and house style.
● Serve as strategic advisor to all levels of firm regarding client and candidate communications. Work one-on-one with staff to provide guidance on written materials. Proofread, edit, and/or rewrite others’ content as necessary without supervision. Maintain responsibility for client updates, candidate profiles, correspondence, job descriptions, reference checks, and other written materials.
● Function as steward of corporate brand and style guidelines. Maintain responsibility for website content. Design and/or edit corporate collateral for enhanced efficiency and professionalism. Manage outside agency regarding website design and maintenance. Use content management system to keep web content up to date. Enforce collateral consistency throughout the firm.
● Oversee thought leadership video series. Liaise with senior-level external contacts to prepare strategy and content for video shoot. Prepare internal speakers for video strategy and content. Function as video director and make video-edit decisions. Direct internal brainstorm meetings for future guest speaker suggestions. Produce and post videos.
● Maintain responsibility for communications of both the President and the CEO. Write external speeches and talking points for them in preparation for thought leadership opportunities; consult with them on strategy. Edit and proofread important correspondence.
● Generate ideas and create content to raise visibility for President in alignment with business objectives. Write speeches, design PowerPoint presentations, and formulate talking points for senior staff thought leadership appearances.
● Ghost-write and/or edit articles for external publications by-lined by senior staff to showcase corporate thought leadership.
● Balance numerous concurrent high-level projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Oversee associate deadlines for client updates to ensure timely communication.
● Over time become the firm’s database expert and primary trainer on it’s capabilities.
● Handle additional special projects, as necessary.
● Five years of diverse experience. Human resources / recruiting industry background a plus. Bachelor’s degree.
● Experience leading an editorial/content function.
● Experience collaborating cross-functionally based on strong relationships within organization.
● Strategic thinking and business acumen with confidence to present creative solutions to problems.
● Ability to manage up, including courage to push back diplomatically, when necessary.
● Strong listening skills to learn and continually assess business needs; flexibility to make adjustments as necessary.
● Meticulous attention to detail; interest in, and ability to enforce, process improvement.
● English grammar expertise. Passion for the written word and interest in current grammatical concepts. Ability to serve as grammar educator to staff for increased efficiency in client communications. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
● Ability to interact with all levels of a company as a team player, as well as work independently, as appropriate.
● Good ear; ability to capture voice of various executives.
● Expert skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; formatting expertise for clear, efficient, and strategic visual presentation of information.
Please submit your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role Heyman Associates is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity. Please know that we appreciate every applicant’s interest but, due to the volume of responses received, are only able to contact those selected for further consideration.