Web Content Producer
- Full Time
Responsible for creating and updating HTML content for websites and Social media outlets, including news, entertainment, classifieds and employment sites. Job entails equally high degrees of creativity, design work, video production, technical skill and customer service. Maintains close communication with other internal stakeholders including sales teams and marketing directors.
· Manages multiple priorities in a deadline-sensitive environment to ensure that all work is completed according to department standards.
· Assists in design, development and implementation of new systems (using HTML and text editors, as well as industry-standard image-editing software such as Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator), including new ad products, content products and user functionality.
· Develops live page mockups for new sales efforts so that sales staff can visualize the effectiveness of the product.
· Develops rich media ad content, including out-of-banner advertising that is appealing and effective.
· Advises co-workers and supervisor on technical matters so that systems run effectively and clients are satisfied.
· Posts visually appealing and grammatically correct content to highly visible websites timely and accurately to ensure high client satisfaction.
· Works with all levels of management so that communication upwards and down is effective, clear and concise.
· Provides excellent service to internal and external customers by courteously and effectively fulfilling requests, providing assistance, addressing concerns and solving problems in a timely, professional manner.
· Organizes workday effectively to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques to ensure a high level of responsiveness to customers’ requests.
· Establishes and maintains effective communications and working relationships with internal personnel and outside contacts to ensure a productive and constructive work environment.
· Assists in the accomplishment of departmental and company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
degree (or equivalent years of related work experience) preferred and a minimum
of 2-3 years of related experience required.
5+ years’ experience producing content for
Scripting & other programming experience a
JSP experience a plus.
Unix experience a plus.
Customer Service experience a plus.
Thorough knowledge of cross-browser,
cross-platform DHTML, including: Transitional & HTML 4.0 compliant tags
Knowledge of web technologies and tools,
including network-level technologies such as DNS, HTTP, SSL, server
administration, network administration, and Perl scripting.
Knowledge of Flash MX, Rich Media formats and
Possess superior oral and written communication
ability to interact with customers with sensitivity, tact and sound judgment;
coordinate various actions simultaneously, and to work independently, without
a high standard of professional behavior while working under deadline pressure
and stressful situations.
ability to read, write and speak clearly, effectively and concisely.
Ability to travel, as needed, and willingness to
use personal vehicle as necessary to attend business functions.
State driver’s license with acceptable driving record and proof of liability
to work flexible hours that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Must have portfolio with samples of work.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.